Missing, loose or decayed teeth and ill-fitting dentures and plates are more than just annoying. Often, they are the source of significant discomfort and, at times, even severe pain. Worse still, they can develop into more serious dental problems, if left untreated. For this reason, it is important to address these issues as soon as possible.
Implants can provide a reliable, affordable and long-lasting solution to dental problems of this nature. Surprisingly, the actual treatment is quite comfortable (and able to be performed either awake or asleep), and usually requires 1-2 days for recovery, producing minimal swelling or bruising. At the Dental Implant & Specialist Centre, our specialists have catalogued thousands of successful Gold Coast implant treatment plans and routinely undertake patients with needs ranging from the simplest (single tooth implant crowns; ‘teeth in a day’) to the most complex (full arch implant supported dentures and bridges; ‘all on 4’ and ‘all on 6’ implant bridges). Many of our patients were of the belief that implant treatment wasn’t suitable (or possible) for them, due to issues such as:
- Insufficient bone for the placement of implants
- Advanced periodontal or gum disease
- Fear from past experiences of having dental treatment whilst awake
Our specialists will discuss the various options available to you, with a focus on minimally invasive techniques, up to date approaches and procedures and deliver a custom treatment with their highly skilled hands and minds.
Our Specialists Provide Gold Coast Dental Implants
You can’t see inside your own mouth, so it can be difficult to comprehend the complexity of your dental needs. Our highly experienced Gold Cost dental implant specialists will assist you to understand your treatment needs and fully explain the various treatment options with the aide of the latest in-office technical innovations (3-D scanning, intra-oral cameras and digital dentistry). The result is a custom matched appliance attached to the implant, making them a near perfect match to your existing teeth.
Loose or hopeless teeth cannot always be re-treated or even retained. In these instances, dental implants can be the best solution. Implants are essentially fixed ‘replacement teeth’; they require no more care than your real teeth and they do not damage your existing teeth. Another important benefit of Gold Coast dental implants is longevity. Unlike some other dental treatments, implants are very long lasting. For this reason, they are among the more cost-effective dental treatments.
Many practitioners state that they can place implants; be aware that our specialists have actually placed thousands of Gold Coast implants and gained vast surgical experience through performing innumerable procedures during many rigorous years of training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Specialist courses.
At the Dental Implant & Specialist Centre, we place emphasis on patient-focused care and technically precise minimally invasive surgery to encourage faster recovery. The implant placement procedure is planned in reverse sequence (restoratively driven treatment) using 3D virtual surgery techniques (the final crown/bridge is positioned within the mouth and smile line aligned to optimise aesthetic and functional needs; the implants are then positioned to achieve the desired plan for the crown/bridge placement). For most patients the implant treatment will consist of three stages:
- Our specialists gently and in a minimally traumatic way, remove the damaged teeth and replace them with implants usually on the same day; thus reducing the overall treatment time and number of stages. Some patients will have a temporary (plastic) crown or bridge attached to the implant(s) (teeth in a day; same day teeth; all on four) at this stage.
- Three months later (the time needed for the bone to heal around the implant) the implant is ‘tested’ to ensure that it is ready to have the final crown/bridge attached to the implant(s). The latest 3D technology (optical scanner / intra-oral camera) is then employed by our Specialists to accurately, comfortably and quickly scan your mouth and progress with the construction of a customised exacting final tooth / bridge (made from combinations of metal and porcelain or acrylic).
- Three weeks later the final crown/bridge is ready to be inserted to your mouth attached to the implants. The prosthesis is placed with the utmost care and skill; most often needing little or no adjustment. The final prosthesis is immediately comfortable and ready for many years of trouble-free chewing, talking and smiling.